Today, I have a Halloween project to share.... Or should I say Owl-o-ween project! (lol) If you've visited my blog before, you probably know I love to make owls! Since I've never made an owl for Halloween, I figured it was good excuse to do so.
- Using my Silhouette, I cut scalloped borders from Samantha's Scalloped Circle Border Set to cover most of a 6" paper mâché egg. The front of the egg was covered in a organza trim. Slits were made on each side of the head to accommodate chipboard ears.
- Next, using my Silhouette again, I used the outline of the Flower file to create the large brown and cream feathers around the owls eyes. 3D flowers were also cut for the eyes, then secured with brads. Some feathers (from a cut piece of a boa) were adhered to the back of the eye section. Then a chipboard petal was used for the beak.
- The base of the project was cut from another 6" egg, then I covered it with torn pieces of patterned paper. Zipper trim was added to the bottom edge. Then I used the 1 Piece Leaf Cluster and more 3D flowers to embellish the base. Next, the center of the Black Doily Die-cut, patterned paper was cut out by hand and attached to the base.
- To make the owl a bit more "Halloweeny," I made a little witch's hat for her out of some more of the Black Doily patterned paper.