Monday, January 12, 2009

New Helmar Project

P1110226

I thought a card would be an excellent way "to show off" what you can do with Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. I'm really not much of a stamper; however, when I use them, I like to cut them apart and give them some dimension.

For this project, I stamped the image of the mouse twice, using a brown fluid chalk. Then I heat embossed both images with a clear embossing powder. The cake and hat were stamped and embossed with a grey fluid chalk. Next, you color your stamped images using colored pencils, markers, or whatever you choose.

P1110218
Embellish the hat with some rick-rack. Add a little glitter to the top of the cake, and a little to the cake in the mouse's paws.
Next, piece your mouse together using the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. The great thing about this glue is that you can play around with it, while it's still wet. This is helpful so that you can get your levels of depth just the way you want them !!! I wanted the cake to appear to be the closest thing to me, so I used three levels of the glue (I placed a little bead of glue on the back of the cake, waited about a minute or so, then added another bead on top of that, etc.) The elbows have about two levels of glue, as does the pom-pom on the hat.
P1110241
Once the mouse is complete, use this template to draw a simple cupcake shape onto some patterned paper. Add swirls of Helmar Acid Free Glue to the frosting piece and then sprinkle with glitter.
For the base of the cupcake, just add thin strips of patterned paper attached with the Helmar Liquid Scrap Dots. The chipboard letters and stickers are added after the strips are dry.
Use the Helmar Acid Free Glue to adhere the cupcake pieces together onto some cardstock. Cut out the cupcake, then embellish with beads (the Helmar 450 Quick Dry Adhesive works perfectly for this).
The glittered shape behind the mouse, is half of a flower that was cut from patterned paper, and then mounted to cardstock for strength. The flower was then covered with glitter, and attached to the back of the mouse using Helmar's Acid Free Glue.
P1110220
To complete the card, attach a folded piece of cardstock to the back using Helmar Acid Free Glue. Allow to dry, and then trim away the excess cardstock. The inside of the card was finished with letter stickers, and some letters cut from patterned paper.
P1110247
Supplies used:
Patterned paper - My Minds Eye
Rubber Stamp - Stampabilities
Fluid chalk - Color Box
Letter stickers - Making Memories
Chipboard letters - Cherry Arte
Colored pencils - Stanford Prismacolor
Cardstock - Prism
Embossing powder - Stampendous
Glitter, rick-rack and beads - Hobby Lobby

8 comments:

Peg said...

Hi Jennifer,
This card is absolutely too cute!!! You said you were working on a card and I guess you were!!!! Whoever gets this card needs to frame it...I would ;-) Super job!!!!
Can you tell me if there are some big chain stores in the US that sell your Helmar glue products??
Thanks sooo much for sharing!!
peg.parsons@worldminerals.com

Peg

Linda said...

This is so adorable!!

Babydoll said...

What a cute project! I love all of the dimension. I guess I'm going to have to get some of these Liquid dots. I clicked on your link, but didn't see a price or how to purchase these. Help!!

Carla said...

WOW! Holy smokes is this ever cute!! I've never even heard of this glu-I will definitely be checking it out!

Danielle Flanders said...

Wow! What a cool card!

Unknown said...

Wonderful! I wouldn't have thought to do all that. Guess that's why I'm reading your blog, huh?:)

deb said...

Can I put your GROW letters on our blog? I'll link to the Helmar site for you. They're gorgeous!!

LaurieStar said...

Wow - this is amazing! A lot of work but what a cute result! Awesome!

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio