Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!


I thought I'd share this little bee with you all, since it's Valentine's day today! :) This was another CHA project done for the Maya Road booth.  The bee was made out of a paper mache ornament and a styro-foam ball, that were covered with patterned paper. I used a chipboard butterfly from the Butterfly Accordion Album for her wings. Then added some Satin Pleated Ribbon around the bee's middle. To attached  the bee to the base a wooden dowel was threaded through the box, and up through the body and head.



Leaves and Felt Pearl Flowers were added to the top of the box along with some Vintage Pearl Pins.

 
Here's a close-up of the chipboard and banner on the sides of the box.


Supplies
Maya Road - Chipboard Letters, Pearl Felt Flowers, Vintage Pearl Pins, Heart Trinket Pins, Satin Pleated Ribbon, Chipboard Mini Love set (hearts), Butterfly Accordion Album.
 Patterned Paper - Pink Paislee (Sweetness collection)
Samantha Walker - (Silhouette) "Scalloped Circle Border" File
Paper mache box and ornament, styro-foam ball, wood dowel and embroidery floss - Hobby Lobby
Adhesive - Plaid Mod Podge (Matte)

Thanks for stopping by today and have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

8 comments:

Jingle said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You are amazing!

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA...Absolutely adorable. :)

Dawn said...

ZONG! *picking my jaw up off the floor* This is simply FABULOUS! I love everything about it!! Your work is impeccable!! You make such beautiful works of art!!

Unknown said...

OMGoodness, over the top adorable!! I love all the amazing details you give your projects!!

(-: Heidi

sarah moore said...

OMG!!! This is stunning and seeing at CHA was great! Love it

Melonie said...

You are just absolutely amazing! Where do you come up with this stuff. Love the ruffled ribbon and the butterfly wings:) Another brillant and beautifully done project!

kate blue said...

I'm crazy...how have I NOT been following your blog? I was cleaning up stuff and just realized it when I started doing my mental "sistah" list...

Anna Fearer said...

OMG!!! Your work is stunning!! I love visiting your blog :)

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio