Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I'm back!

Hi Guys, I'm back from CHA! It was so much fun to see all my favorite manufacturer's and their new products up close and personal! It was also nice to see all the fantastic projects and displays. But the best part of the show was hanging out with people who love scrapbooking and crafts as much as I do, meeting some blog buddies and making new friends.

If you can believe it, I don't have any photos to share!!! I had planned to take all my photos on the last day of the show. But ended up not going because my car got broken into. I'm so glad my hubby and family decided to tag along with me to Orlando, otherwise I would have been frantic! All they took was the GPS system thank goodness!!! ( The kids call it the "go left, go right machine.") But besides that, the whole experience was tons of fun, I hope I'll be able to go again soon.



Before I go, I want to share another one of my CHA projects. This was a coaster set from Joann's that Rebecca sent me to alter with the new Cupid line. It was the last project I had to do and I just couldn't figure out what to do with it!!! I have to say thank you to my brilliant son, Demet who helped me come up with this idea!!! He also suggested a watering can and toaster which would make really cute albums too.



So this is what you will start out with, a coaster holder with a set of coasters.



Then using some chipboard create a lid, handle and spout similar to the ones above. The handle is four layers of chipboard stuck together to give it some strength. I also decide to make the handle go all the way around to form a "D" shape instead of the backward "C" shape shown here.
For the lid, you can use a medium sized wood bead, ball or wheel, which is what I ended up using. Once you have all your pieces made, it's just a matter of covering all the components with patterned paper. Use a good strong glue to attach the handle and spout to the coaster holder. I used Helmar's Craft & Hobby Glue.



As you can see, I used two punches for this project, the Lace border punch and the Scallop Sentiment border punch both by Fiskars. I love these punches, they are a little pricey but I use them so often, it was worth the price.



To apply the brad to the top of the lid cut off the brad prongs first then glue the brad directly onto the bead.



When drilling the holes in the coasters, I taped them altogether with masking tape first, marked where I wanted the holes to go, then drilled through all four of them at once. The rest of the album is really easy to put together. Just remember to make sure not to make the pages too bulky, otherwise it might not fit inside the holder.


Album cover






Inside the album, I left room for the kids to write some journaling above their picture.

Thanks for visiting.


4 comments:

Linda Beeson said...

Totally adorable creations! Sorry about your car being broken into - that is not a good feeling at all.

Carol Weimer said...

Once again, you're a genius!! I love the coaster album...so simple and so chic. Amazing!

Danielle Flanders said...

Gosh I can't believe you created the whole teapot! Super cool idea!!

TanishaRenee said...

this is simply fabulous!!! You make it look so easy!

Sorry about your car--the GPS seems to be very popular with thieves!

It was so awesome meeting at CHA!

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio